Bill McKibben was on Colbert Monday. I admittedly have only read one McKibben book, but it was among my favorite assigned reading in college. (The book was Deep Economy, wherein McKibben rethinks utilitarianism in a profoundly humanistic way and addresses the challenge of facing globalization through fostering local society.) Let’s all watch the clip, then read a book.
- RT @bishoptjt: I played Little League baseball and loved it. One bad memory: I finally got my long-awaited chance to pitch. In two innings… 12 hours ago
- RT @BGPolitics: Gov Bevin becomes an extended punchline on Comedy Central. on.cc.com/2HMCnqf ^JC 2 days ago
- @ClickHole Never heard of it 4 days ago
- RT @africabytotobot: [instrumental break] 4 days ago
- @RobRaible @GlennThrush @MattBevin It doesn't recognize a problem with what was said. Rather, it implies the proble… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- Activism Animals Art Bibliophilia Biography Book Art Book Review Books Books to Film Comedy Criticism Drama Fantasy Fiction Globalization Graphic Novel / Comics Haha History Literary Criticism Literary World Tour Meditations Non-Fiction Not About Books Planned Reading Poetry Potpourri Quotables Saints Science Uncategorized