Wherefore, for all these things, we account the whale immortal in his species, however perishable in his individuality. He swam the seas before the continents broke water; he once swam over the site of the Tuileries, and Windsor Castle, and the Kremlin. In Noah’s flood he despised Noah’s Ark; and if ever the world is to be again flooded, like the Netherlands, to kill off its rats, then the eternal whale will still survive, and rearing upon the topmost crest of the equatorial flood, spout his frothed defiance to the skies.
-Moby Dick (447)
- RT @gabedelahaye: Imagine holding the lives of 9 million children and 800,000 Americans hostage as a cynical bargaining chip just one month… 4 days ago
- @KikoCrystalBall @meganamram What?! This wasn't candid?! 1 week ago
- RT @KatzOnEarth: If you went back to 2015 and told yourself that in three years people would be struggling to accept that Donald Trump was… 1 week ago
- RT @JasonKander: Thousands of formerly incarcerated Arizonans who have served their time can’t cast a ballot. Joe Arpaio - a convicted crim… 1 week ago
- RT @medievalhistory: Can't exactly call this a happy "new" year, but quite amusing 😂 twitter.com/i/moments/9468… 3 weeks ago
- Activism Animals Art Bibliophilia Biography Book Art Book Review Books Books to Film Comedy Criticism Drama Fantasy Fiction Globalization Graphic Novel / Comics Haha History Literary Criticism Literary World Tour Meditations Non-Fiction Not About Books Planned Reading Poetry Potpourri Quotables Saints Science Uncategorized