Wherefore, for all these things, we account the whale immortal in his species, however perishable in his individuality. He swam the seas before the continents broke water; he once swam over the site of the Tuileries, and Windsor Castle, and the Kremlin. In Noah’s flood he despised Noah’s Ark; and if ever the world is to be again flooded, like the Netherlands, to kill off its rats, then the eternal whale will still survive, and rearing upon the topmost crest of the equatorial flood, spout his frothed defiance to the skies.
-Moby Dick (447)
- @OhNoSheTwitnt https://t.co/0L1ykPk0Gm 1 day ago
- @Dadinista @FatherSciarappa This seems almost immediately regrettable 2 days ago
- @jackiantonovich I am voting for the person who will clean up the kitchen 2 days ago
- @Dadinista Boy sometimes you just gotta 3 days ago
- @Daniel_bearman The sun reveals rather than conceals, so. 4 days ago
- Activism Animals Art Bibliophilia Biography Book Art Book Review Books Books to Film Comedy Criticism Drama Fantasy Fiction Globalization Graphic Novel / Comics Haha History Literary Criticism Literary World Tour Meditations Non-Fiction Not About Books Planned Reading Poetry Potpourri Quotables Saints Science Uncategorized