Wherefore, for all these things, we account the whale immortal in his species, however perishable in his individuality. He swam the seas before the continents broke water; he once swam over the site of the Tuileries, and Windsor Castle, and the Kremlin. In Noah’s flood he despised Noah’s Ark; and if ever the world is to be again flooded, like the Netherlands, to kill off its rats, then the eternal whale will still survive, and rearing upon the topmost crest of the equatorial flood, spout his frothed defiance to the skies.
-Moby Dick (447)
- RT @kumailn: Retweet if you want to retweet this tweet! Please RT. 2 weeks ago
- RT @Tom_Winter: FACT CHECK: No law enforcement source I have talked to said there were Muslim neighbors of the San Bernardino terrorists th… 9 months ago
- RT @NPRinskeep: Did Trump just complain about someone interrupting him? 9 months ago
- RT @nytimes: How Hillary Clinton responded to Trump saying he has a "much better temperament than she does" nyti.ms/2d23Qcm https:/… 10 months ago
- The Bad Science of Alcoholics Anonymous theatlantic.com/features/archi… via @TheAtlantic 2 years ago
- Activism Animals Art Bibliophilia Biography Book Art Book Review Books Books to Film Comedy Criticism Drama Fantasy Fiction Globalization Graphic Novel / Comics Haha History Literary Criticism Literary World Tour Meditations Non-Fiction Not About Books Planned Reading Poetry Potpourri Quotables Saints Science Uncategorized