Wherefore, for all these things, we account the whale immortal in his species, however perishable in his individuality. He swam the seas before the continents broke water; he once swam over the site of the Tuileries, and Windsor Castle, and the Kremlin. In Noah’s flood he despised Noah’s Ark; and if ever the world is to be again flooded, like the Netherlands, to kill off its rats, then the eternal whale will still survive, and rearing upon the topmost crest of the equatorial flood, spout his frothed defiance to the skies.
-Moby Dick (447)
- @padrebrendon What about a return to use if the pax tecum tablet? catholicencyclopedia.newadvent.com/cathen/11594b.… https://t.co/8mvvO0GNDV 19 hours ago
- RT @HaleyCarrots: “It is not from your own goods that you give to the beggar; it is a portion of his own that you are restoring to him...yo… 1 day ago
- @feraljokes https://t.co/R2TPbP948G 2 days ago
- @TeawithTolkien I feel asleep during Mary Poppins twice, so it was kind of like having three different viewing experiences 3 days ago
- @troutsky_ Community is 100% what I miss most about protestantism 4 days ago
- Activism Animals Art Bibliophilia Biography Book Art Book Review Books Books to Film Comedy Criticism Drama Fantasy Fiction Globalization Graphic Novel / Comics Haha History Literary Criticism Literary World Tour Meditations Non-Fiction Not About Books Planned Reading Poetry Potpourri Quotables Saints Science Uncategorized