Wherefore, for all these things, we account the whale immortal in his species, however perishable in his individuality. He swam the seas before the continents broke water; he once swam over the site of the Tuileries, and Windsor Castle, and the Kremlin. In Noah’s flood he despised Noah’s Ark; and if ever the world is to be again flooded, like the Netherlands, to kill off its rats, then the eternal whale will still survive, and rearing upon the topmost crest of the equatorial flood, spout his frothed defiance to the skies.
-Moby Dick (447)
- RT @bishoptjt: I played Little League baseball and loved it. One bad memory: I finally got my long-awaited chance to pitch. In two innings… 12 hours ago
- RT @BGPolitics: Gov Bevin becomes an extended punchline on Comedy Central. on.cc.com/2HMCnqf ^JC 2 days ago
- @ClickHole Never heard of it 4 days ago
- RT @africabytotobot: [instrumental break] 4 days ago
- @RobRaible @GlennThrush @MattBevin It doesn't recognize a problem with what was said. Rather, it implies the proble… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- Activism Animals Art Bibliophilia Biography Book Art Book Review Books Books to Film Comedy Criticism Drama Fantasy Fiction Globalization Graphic Novel / Comics Haha History Literary Criticism Literary World Tour Meditations Non-Fiction Not About Books Planned Reading Poetry Potpourri Quotables Saints Science Uncategorized