“Oh, Bertie. Do you read Rosie M. Banks’s novels?” she asked.
I was a bit surprised at her changing the subject like this, but equally relieved. A talk about current literature, I felt, might ease the strain. These booky chats often do.
The Mating Season
(P. G. Wodehouse)
- @Dadinista @FatherSciarappa This seems almost immediately regrettable 12 hours ago
- @jackiantonovich I am voting for the person who will clean up the kitchen 20 hours ago
- @Dadinista Boy sometimes you just gotta 1 day ago
- @Daniel_bearman The sun reveals rather than conceals, so. 2 days ago
- @petridishes I learned a lot about how clocks work in Paul Harding's "Tinkers" 2 days ago
- Activism Animals Art Bibliophilia Biography Book Art Book Review Books Books to Film Comedy Criticism Drama Fantasy Fiction Globalization Graphic Novel / Comics Haha History Literary Criticism Literary World Tour Meditations Non-Fiction Not About Books Planned Reading Poetry Potpourri Quotables Saints Science Uncategorized