- @maryrezacfarrow Stop Following Me, Moon! 3 days ago
- @BudrykZack @Nnedi Okorafor's Binti cycle, or Who Fears Death 1 week ago
- @McKelvie @MaraWilson What if your name is Cyrano 1 week ago
- @InsaneLetterbox Spoilers 2 weeks ago
- twitter.com/TJPayne3333/st… https://t.co/VetLrWbPD8 3 weeks ago
- Activism Animals Art Bibliophilia Biography Book Art Book Review Books Books to Film Comedy Criticism Drama Fantasy Fiction Globalization Graphic Novel / Comics Haha History Literary Criticism Literary World Tour Meditations Non-Fiction Not About Books Planned Reading Poetry Potpourri Quotables Saints Science Uncategorized
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Essays sneak up on us. They are — or often feel — accidental: the record of a writer wrestling with an idea, an observation, a slice of experience, of a writer figuring it out.
So it’s Shakespeare’s deathday (his Christening day is Thursday; we don’t know his birthday, but it was probably a week or so ago). In honor of this auspicious holiday I drew this horrible likeness of the Bard in paint: Per … Continue reading
Wherefore, for all these things, we account the whale immortal in his species, however perishable in his individuality. He swam the seas before the continents broke water; he once swam over the site of the Tuileries, and Windsor Castle, and … Continue reading
I saw this a while ago but completely forgot to pass it along. These are great!
A far, far better cartoon gag in celebration of Charles Dickens's recent 200th birthday: http://t.co/Mh7CS0Bm — The New Yorker (@NewYorker) February 11, 2012
On Steve Jobs: We’ve lost our techno-impresario and digital dream granter. Vladimir Nabokov once wrote, in a letter that when he’d finished a novel he felt like a house after the movers had carried out the grand piano. That’s what … Continue reading
wow! RT @ghweldon We interrupt the dumb gags for a heads-up about "Hark! A Vagrant!" @beatonna's collection of smart, funny gags n.pr/q1PKZC — Kate Beaton (@beatonna) September 22, 2011
#JaneEyre hits UK cinemas today. One of our editorial team went to talk to director Cary Fukunaga. Read the Blog here: http://t.co/nJ8J3b3 — Penguin Books UK (@PenguinUKBooks) September 9, 2011 Have you guys seen this yet? I have not. But … Continue reading
I love this so much. Oh man. You know how much I love Flannery O’Connor. I probably haven’t mentioned how much I dislike Ayn Rand. This is so great. "I hope you don't have friends who recommend Ayn Rand to … Continue reading